When adding new material, it is easiest to use the standard models this add-on brings along.
Follow these steps:
First use of the standard model
- Click the
Additem in the tool bar or press the
akey to open the add card window.
- Click on the button at the top left, next to the word
Type. It shows the currently selected model, maybe
- In the
Choose Note Typewindow click the
Managebutton at the bottom.
- In the
Note Typeswindow, click
Add, top right.
- In the
Add Note Typewindow, select the
Add: Standard with audio fieldsline or, when you are learning Japanese and have the Japanese support add-on installed,
Add: Japanese with audio fieldsline and click
- Either keep the name or change it in the next dialog and click
- Close the
- Bring the
Choose Note Typewindow to the front
- It should now contain a line with
Standard with audio fieldsor the name you choose three steps back
- Select that line and click
- Complain at the Anki issue tracker that this process is too complicated, if you think so.
- After clicking
Choosetwo steps back, you can enter new words in the
Addwindow. The megaphone button should now work and bring up the
These two models create three cards per note, recognition (foreign → native), recall (native → foreign), and audio, (spoken word → foreign and native). See the Anki manual on cards and templates for ways to change this.
Adding notes later
When you click
Add after the model has been added once, this model
may be selected when the add note window appears. If not, it can be
chosen from the list that appears when you click on the current note type.
Changing note types
Instead of changing an existing model by adding an audio field and that field to the cards – the method that is still preferred for more complex models – existing basic notes can also be changed to the newly created audio models:
- Sync. First with all other clients (other computers, mobile devices, AnkiWeb), then the local computer.
- Open the card browser
- On the left, click the model where you want to use audio
- In the card list, select all cards (Ctrl+A), or just those cards you want to use audio for
- Trigger the browsers menu item
Edit/Change Note Type …
New note type:select the
… with audiotype.
- Check that no information will be lost. When you see that something
will be changed to
Nothing, you may be better off with modifying the existing model, rather than changing notes from one model to another.
- Click OK
- You will get a warning that you will have to do a full sync. Choose
uploadwhen doing the next sync.